Friday, January 31, 2014

The cheese making adventures continue

I've been inspired by my step-mum to take up cheese making.  I showed you the ricotta I made a couple of posts ago.  I can confirm it is delicious in lasagna.  I've made it again since and we're eating it on rice crackers and it is just as yummy.

My latest experiment is 30-minute mozzarella.


It made seven balls - but we ate one sliced on crackers.  Stretchy and delicious.

I'm using recipes from the e-book "Keep Calm and Make Cheese" by Gavin Webber.  I have a link to his main blog "The Greening of Gavin"on my sidebar, but he also has another blog called "Little Green Cheese" where he puts all his cheese making recipes and ideas.

Hubby has promised me a "cheese" (wine) fridge for my birthday, and the kids are getting me a cheese press.  Roll on semi-hard and hard cheeses!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to try this in forever, I might get round to it this year....!

    ReplyDelete