Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Lego windfall

Our lovely next door neighbour, Sarah, has two boys aged nine and eleven.  The elder is into soccer and Xbox. The younger is into art and destruction.  They are both gorgeous boys, but both have grown out of Lego.  So in the middle of a massive clean-out, Sarah texted me and asked me whether FJ would like their Lego.  Of course the answer was, "Yes, please!!!!!"  So back they came with a huge crate of Lego (and other bits and bobs).


This is the box all tipped out.  The kids and I sorted the Lego from the rest, and then decided it was very grubby.  Food, sand and general dirt.  So out came my lingerie bags.  Ten bags later through a delicate cycle in the front loader and here is the Lego drying - good as new.  Not even the stickers were affected.


FJ can't wait to add it to the general Lego.  I reckon a couple of days in this heat will take care of drying it. Now I just need to find another box.  Thank you Sarah, you've made my boy very happy.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Didn't you have a stack of lego anyway? Now you have a mountain! Never thought about washing it that way, must have made a heck of a racket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score! We are overrun with lego here, I think it breeds when we're not looking.....

    ReplyDelete