Saturday, February 8, 2014

Growth charts - are they accurate?

I was doing some very overdue filing today and I came across my kids "Child Health Books". When they were young I was very careful to record their heights carefully on the charts in them.

I was talking to a friend the other day and we were musing over whether the charts were very accurate or not.  So I decided to have a look.


Miss 15 always hovered between the 90th and 97th percentile on the chart which predicted that at age 15 she would be about 173 cm (about 5' 7") tall - and she is!


Miss Blondie was always the shorter one of the three kids, about the 80th percentile, which predicts that she might reach my height of about 170 cm (about 5' 6").  She's about 162 cm now.


And FJ?  Scary reading.  He always hovered above the 97th percentile and still does.  His growth chart predicts that he will be 193 cm (about 6' 4") tall.  I am going to feel like a midget!!

3 comments:

  1. Think that makes her taller than me! H was always in the 90th area, R was at 97 once, then off the charts, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taller than me too, Miss 15!! Better put up padded door lintels for FJ...! I think my kids were going to be pretty average. W was going to end up an inch taller than Hubby who is 5'9" and O was going to be same height as me 5'6" - except I think I'm shrinking a little....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it makes her the tallest female on both sides of the family!

      Delete