Monday, January 16, 2012

More Photos

I am about half way through scanning in my grandmother's album now.  I made the tough decision that the album itself was going to have to go.  It's not an acid-free album, and the pages were either super sticky or had lost their stickiness altogether and the photos were falling out.

So all the photos have been removed and temporarily stored in a spare slip pocket album until I decide what to do with them.

In the meantime...
I found this newspaper clipping at the front of the album.  This must have been about 1981, just after we came back from a holiday visiting our grandparents in Warburton, showing off our newest sibling, the first boy after four girls!!
This gorgeous girl is Becca, the third in the family, at about 8 weeks old.
And a wee bit older.
And the beautiful Miss Lottie, The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady, the fourth of four sisters!
Mum and kids (minus Miss Lottie?) with our first baby brother Martin.  Check out the matching bowl cuts!

Ahh - the memories.  I am really enjoying this process, working out when the photos were taken, looking at the backgrounds and clothes.  So are my kids - they are beginning to see where they come from.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, my first literary piece, lol. Ah the memories. You know that pic at the top left of the bottom photo? I always thought the tall guy was God lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat - so did I! (Are you telling me he's not?!) I remember the woollen wall hanging well too - where did that end up? And check out the gonk Bec is holding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought the tall guy looked like Dad!!

      Delete
  3. Hahahahaha you lot! Yep, but why would dad or God be wearing a loin cloth thingy? I remember that gonk too, and the book I'm holding.

    ReplyDelete