Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bread

This week I have been continuing my children's on-again, off-again, bread making education.  This is my bread making bible...
My mother had a copy that she used for all her speciality breads, and I bought a copy as soon as I left home.    Recently I had my mother-in-law staying with us, and she was so impressed she wanted a copy of her own.  It is currently out of print, but I managed to find someone who was selling a brand new second-hand copy on Fishpond.  And it got to us before she went home to New Zealand.
This is the Challah bread from the book - made by Miss 13.  It is a Jewish egg bread and was very, very yummy.
And this is the Quick Wholemeal bread - made by Blondie.  And it was quick.  With our Perth heat it was made from go to whoa in an hour and a half.  And also very, very yummy.

FJ will be next - I wonder how his will go?

2 comments:

  1. Gosh - so remember that book. Must see if I can get myself a copy. Those breads look delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want any of the recipes - let me know, I'll email them to you!

      Delete