Sunday, January 22, 2012

Look what I found...

...amongst my old photos.  I investigated the contents of an anonymous brown envelope, and found some photos that I had developed and printed myself, way back when I was a member of the high school photography club.

These were taken in 1987, at a Christian Holiday Camp that the family attended for a couple of years.  Don't look at the quality of the prints - it's horrible!!
All my darling siblings in front of the first of several Toyota Hiace vans that my parents had for carting us six around.  This one saw lots of family holidays up and down NZ's North Island.
My second youngest sibling, Martin, having some fun with a camping stool!
And a worn-out Miss Lottie in a very messy tent - sorry Lottie couldn't help myself!

I also found the negatives and I've found somewhere that will print the photos for me, so that I can get proper copies and see how bad my printing techniques were.  Do you know how hard it is to find somewhere close that will print photos from negatives?  I think I'll have to go back through my other negatives, before the technology disappears forever!!

3 comments:

  1. I remember that van - and the camping stools. However I'm totally convinced that's not me sucking my thumb at a disgracefully old age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, is that one of the Ryan's instead of Lottie? Doesn't look old enough, given the age of M falling off his stool.

    And look at my legs, they are the same to this day. I like to fool myself I was once young with SLIM legs, but no, there is photographic evidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope - definitely Miss Lottie - I have the close-ups to prove it. Almost used one instead of that photo, but the close-ups definitely showed she WAS sucking her thumb, so didn't use it ;)

      Delete