Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A W.I.P. Wednesday post - almost!!

I had this post all ready to go yesterday - and then we had no internet - "Your ISP is experiencing problems", SIGH! Admittedly it doesn't happen very often, so I shouldn't really complain. Anyway, here we go.

The return of school holidays has meant a sudden return in creativity - it had disappeared out of my life for quite a while. Master FJ below is incredibly happy beacause I finally made his "zoot suit" fit again. This suit used to belong to my youngest brother, made when he was 3 to keep out those chilly New Zealand mornings. He is now 14. It was passed down to my eldest, who passed it down to Blondie, who passed it down to FJ. In the past it has had the sleeve length increased, the legs lengthened, and this time we had to lengthen the body. It's too worn out to pass down again, so I didn't worry too much about what fleece I used - he doesn't care, it fits!!
NOTE TO SELF: All my kids can read, so don't write anything you don't want them to read. Master FJ is currently sitting behind me reading every word I type!!!!

Next photo is a snuggle quilt underway for my newest nephew. Flannelette with a wool batting. It's a pattern I've used lots - my kids all have them, so do some of my nephews, nieces and my godson and his brothers.

The angel Gabriel has joined our crib scene, the lace is left over from my mother-in-law's wedding dress, so very special.

And these piles are destined to become the three kings - the kids want to do the crowns!!

Today though, we are battening down the hatches in preparation for a couple of nasty weather fronts that are supposed to hit us over the next couple of days. They are meant to rival the weather that devastated Perth a couple of months ago. Wish us luck!!



2 comments:

  1. I remember that zoot suit! Funny to see it on such a big kid! And that's very cute flannelette for the snuggle quilt. Good luck with the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that suit, but it looks very cosy. And can I just say how much my kids love their snuggle quilts?!

    ReplyDelete