Friday, July 23, 2010

Guest post from Miss 11

Hi! I am Miss 11. You may have heard Mum talking about me on some of her posts. She also mentioned that I am a year 6 trombone player, an advanced year 6 trombone player as I am classified!

When I first decided to be a trombone player, nobody said how much muscle power would go into playing and carrying the thing, I mean look the case! Believe it or not the case actually weighs about two thirds of the weight.

This is the instrument itself, the King, the Creator! Or just the trombone! Anyway, guess which is the heaviest bit. No it is not the bell, it is the mouthepiece! Yes really. I feel like I have been doing pushups after every practice.

See this? Good! This is the mouthpiece. It may look different to any other mothpieces you have seen before. That is because you don't just blow into it, you blow raspberries into it! This is how you make every single note. To go higher you tighten your lips (I don't go very high with a trombone because I play in the bass clef. Low notes!), to go low you release your lips, simple!

Plus there's this advantage. Look at my lips! I don't need to get botox injections because all those raspberries do it for me!
Miss 11 signing off.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Miss 11! Cool post. I might have to take up playing the trombone - I could do with a few pushups (and maybe a little botox too!). xx Aunty Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, hello! I would love to hear you play, the trombone is the coolest instrument ever!

    Aunty Cat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy slightly belated birthday too - Miss now 12!xxx

    ReplyDelete