Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blondie turns 9!

Birthdays in our house are a day for cakes - the first lot being cupcakes for school. These are basic vanilla cupcakes but I did a beautiful buttercream icing with real melted chocolate. And rainbow sprinkles, of course! I love my new cupcake carrier - 24 cupcakes with no smeared icing.

And the best bit? The kids get to lick out the piping tube and spoons. What better thing to have for breakfast than chocolate icing?!

Then for dessert, following the birthday person's choice of dinner (in this case, meat pies) we have the birthday cake. Blondie chose a really easy one - a rectangular chocolate cake (I used our old family recipe - so beautifully moist) with her favourite photo, framed by all her favourite lollies. Talk about a sugar overload!

Happy birthday Blondie!!

And one and a half puffs for the candles - all green of course - her favourite colour!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh shoot! I got the wrong niece! And I wrapped the pressie today too - but lucky I haven't sent it off, ha! Happy birthday Blondie, and happy birthday in advance Miss not quite 12 yet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waaaay behind on birthdays....sigh.... as if you didn't know THAT by now.

    Happy Birthday Blondie and that is one cool cake, your cousins over here would go nuts for it! I remember that photo too :)

    ReplyDelete