Monday, February 1, 2010

A crafty few days...

This weekend saw me make my first foray into the art of glove making. I tried a fairly simple pattern for fingerless gloves. Miss 11 spotted the first one, tried it on, and promptly claimed it for biking to school in the winter...

So I had to make the second one. Here they are, finished and decorated with red buttons - her favourite colour...

Then I was in our local Salvo's store and I found these cute little ceramic pieces for $3. They were plain white so I have added a little girly decoration. These are for a teaset that I am slowly putting together for my gorgeous niece - the one whose birthday is in August! SSHH - don't tell, Mum!

And finally, this little lady. Inspired by my lovely sister, and other family memories, I decided it was high time I stopped putting it off and started making the children a nativity scene. So here is Mary. She was going to be in brown, but the girls insisted that Mary was always in blue. Who am I to argue? Her brooch is one of my mother's old earrings.

And finally, look what else I scored at the Salvo's that day? A whole $7 for this...

There are a few bits missing, but nothing that I can't pull out from our own stash, or that FJ won't miss. This is going in the cupboard for his birthday.




3 comments:

  1. Ooo, little miss would LURVE that! And so will FJ. And I have to learn to knit one of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gloves are so cool! Mary's looking good too, my newest efforts have too much of a modern look for me, I need to work on them a bit. Great score for FJ, I've managed to pick up the duplo set I was after too, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have to send me a copy of the recipe you use for making soap. I think I am going to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete