Thursday, February 18, 2010

Knitting up a storm...

First of all Mary was joined by Joseph. I know that's not knitting - but his blanket is a piece of weaving that I did about twenty years ago on my Dad's inkle loom with the intention of making a guitar strap...

Then two became three as the happy couple was joined by their ever faithful donkey. I have a set of Alan Dart knitting patterns for farm animals. I adapted the horse to make a donkey and added a blanket cut from a 70s placemat...

Then I moved onto scarves and beanies - for teddy bears. Here is Paddington modelling the latest North Melbourne AFL fashion accessories. These are destined for my youngest (at the moment!) nephew's teddy. His big brother is also getting a beanie for his teddy, and there is a third much larger one for one of the teddy's owners...

Then Miss 11 wanted to knit a scarf to match each of her rag doll's outfits...

And Blondie had to join in on the action - she's a leftie but knits right-handed, thank goodness. She also doesn't seem to pick up extra stitches like her elder sister does...!

My fingerless glove pattern got adapted to become a fingerless mitten pattern. These are a birthday present for a certain sister of mine that requested them at Christmas - you know who you are - look away now if you don't want to know...

And Blondie likes them so much that she has requested a matching pair (in a smaller size - thanks Mum!), so they are now in progress...


I wonder what I should attempt next?





1 comment:

  1. You could try knitting a kitchen sink! Loving Joseph and the donkey. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete