Monday, June 14, 2010

A Rambling Sort of Post...

This was our dinner on Sunday night. It was a "We've had a long day in the garden and can't be bothered with any major cooking", type of dinner. It was PURPLE porridge!! We had a handful of frozen blueberries and bilberries left over from something so I chucked them in the pot as the porridge was cooking. Then topped with peach slices and juice...YUM!

And it was stirred with my new favourite spoon, a gift from my Dad to all his girls for Christmas. He made these from pine lining boards that he had lying around and with that flat edge you don't get ANY porridge sticking.

The kids have all the Lego out at the moment (not that it ever entirely gets put away - sigh!), and these are some of their latest creations. Miss 11's jungle glider...

FJ's hover craft...

The disguiser (their name, not mine), closed...

And now open...

And various creations of Blondie's...

And the best invention EVER!! Easy reading chapter books designed for BOYS!!!!! Boys can be such reluctant readers if the subject doesn't interest them. And trust me, most early readers do not hold a boy's attention for long. Zac Power, however, has not been put down, since FJ discovered that they had a series aimed at his level. He is now my latest bookworm.


Aunties - please send my eldest good vibes tomorrow - she has her final audition and interview for the music scholarship program, and is understandably nervous. The trombone has not been put down since she got home.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, how are your ears, trombone-wise? Best of luck to her, I sure she will do a FABULOUS audition! That's pretty exciting actually, KUP on that one.

    I sometimes make the kids porridge for lunch and that is the exact utensil I use to stir it. Perfect!

    Zac Power, have to look into that one. Not that we're reading yet, but maybe as a read-to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids groan when I feed them porridge for breakfast (although this morning with peaches and brown sugar there wasn't quite as much groaning) but maybe if I turn it purple??

    I'm sending good luck vibes...so exciting for her!! (and you!)

    Do they do a Zac Power for a little younger?

    ReplyDelete