Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Day of Achievement's

Today was a day of achievement's. The kids all ate large bunches of our own home grown grapes...no idea what variety, but very yummy. They are ripening from the western most vine first, so it looks like we'll have a couple of months supply...


One school diary finished and another one on the way. My hope is that since they are personalised with their own photos and all the extraneous material taken out, they might actually use them this year...



A new batch of beer (a Mexican Cerveza this time) is happily bubbling away in the store room. Yes, that beer box behind it contains EMPTY bottles, kindly donated by my neighbour, ready for bottling...


A new batch of soap (tightly wrapped in the towel) cooling on the bench ready to be cut up tomorrow...


Oh, and yes, we do need to put up some new kitchen tiles!! I also started on the school baking, ready for the children to go back on Monday. This is home made muesli bars - using Daddy's home-made muesli (SSHH - don't tell!!). Now, where to hide them so they last till school...?



All this strenuous activity resulted in a rather impressive pile of dishes (done) and a kitchen that is in dire need of a good clean...maybe tomorrow?


Oh, and I changed the water in the fish tank, cleaned up the dog poo, made a spinach and rice pie for dinner AND wrote a blog post...can I go to bed now?!!





3 comments:

  1. What a day! I did a similar run of things on Sunday....except at least I have the dishwasher to help me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pile of dishes - very artfully stacked! So did you use a kit for the beer? And where's the recipe for the muesli bars, mine always turn out funny. And soap!? Clever you. Ok, time to get off my butt and do something then, feeling very lazy reading all that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, kit for the beer, this one a Coopers. I'll post the recipe for the muesli bars next time - promise!!

    ReplyDelete