Thursday, February 24, 2011

The mystery is solved...

As some of you know I have been anxiously waiting for Friday to find out what my birthday present from my hubby was.  This year he was very cagey (normally I choose my own).  He'd organised something big - maybe delivered through the front door, maybe through the back gate.  I had to make sure the area through the games room and eating area was clear.  And I had to be home by 2pm.

Until I got a frantic call when I left school at 10.45am to say "Quick - go home now!  They'll be there soon!"

And what was delivered...?


Yay!!!  He knows that I've always wanted one since I left my very cheap one in New Zealand years ago.  And now that the kids don't use the games room for their games - I can use it for mine.  It will need to be recovered soon but it's true Italian slate underneath, so he did well.  Thank you gorgeous guy - love you lots.

Oh - and how old am I?  NOT the big 40 that my darling little sis, Miss Lottie, thought - that can wait till next year...

2 comments:

  1. Oh very cool! As long as it doesn't take up sewing machine space of course ;)
    Happy Birthday dear big sis, love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks darling - love you too. The only promise I've had to make is not to use it as an extra sewing table!!

    ReplyDelete