Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Nit Saga

Well, it is confirmed.  Blondie did have nits, and a well established headful as she had not told me for a couple of weeks that her head was itchy.  She had thoughtfully passed them on to her brother as well, and also to me - for the first time ever in my life.  Luckily FJ and I only had a couple.  Miss Soon To Be 12 was nit free as was her father - well he has no hair to have nits in!!

Now over the years I've tried every nit treatment out there - from the RobiComb, an electronic comb that zaps them, to the natural poisons, the chemicals and the conditioner treatment.  Normally I've found the conditioner treatment to be the best.  Not this time however.

After Round 1 of the conditioner treatment which removed heaps from Blondie, the next morning still saw her complaining of an itchy head.  A quick look confirmed that she still had heaps.  Right!!  On to the poison.


And we also did a very unimpressed FJ.


Master FJ was so unimpressed that he requested a severe haircut - doesn't this look much happier?!


And Blondie has been after a major change too - doesn't she look cute with a bob?


Oh, and Miss Soon To Be 12 just told me to tell you all - "It's six days till my birthday!!!!"  More on that another time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, both so very cute! I do love the buzz cuts on (most) boys! Let me know if the buzz keeps headlice away, that's my plan. Though I think mine look cute with their no 4 cuts. MIL though asked me a few days ago if I'd thought of maybe letting it grow...? Hehehe :) And soon to be 12! Holy cow, how did time go by so fast?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the buzz! Hope that's the last you see of the nits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently mayonnaise does the trick! Haven't had to try it yet though, touch wood.

    ReplyDelete