Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The countdown is on

It is now only two days until the boy and his beloved bike take off into the wide blue yonder for a month.  Boy, will I be glad to see the back of him after the stress of the last few days!  He is desperately trying to finish off a large project at work so he can leave with a clear conscience, and trying to finish the last bits on the bike, and coping with a broken nose (hockey injury) and needless to say is a wee bit stressed!!


Then I opened my diary this morning to find that Miss 11 had written me this:

If you look forward
into a world of your own...
You will find the happiness
that you have searched ever for.
It will stay in your heart forever,
and in your mind forever more.

Isn't it beautiful? And all out of her own head, so she tells me.

So now we are looking forward to saying goodbye to Daddy on Saturday and then hello to Grandpa a week later.  Hubby organised for Grandpa to come and stay for two weeks while he is away which will be great company for me and a wonderful distraction for kids that are missing their Daddy.

Here's to looking forward...what are YOU looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment