Sunday, April 18, 2010

A quiet Sunday morning...?!

'Twas a quiet Sunday morning and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse,
WHEN (said with bated breath)...

All of a sudden my eyelids were peeled back and a little voice said, "Are you awake yet Mummy?" After trying to pretend I wasn't, and a few groans from the lump next to me, we departed for the kitchen and a very early breakfast. Well that took all of 10 minutes...now what do I do with my boy?

A desire on his part to "recycle", and a desire on my part to keep the rest of the family asleep, coupled with some supplies from various cupboards , a roll of sticky tape and some stretched creativity muscles resulted in...

A rubbish man...


A recycling bin...
A rubbish truck...
A petrol station...

And a very happy six year old.


Plus a very grateful husband for a bit of a sleep-in after his first hockey game of the season the day before.



1 comment:

  1. Hehe, H was very impressed! At what age do they stop playing with boxes....?

    ReplyDelete